The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for Registered Practical Nurses in the Nursing Department at Hastings Manor Long Term Care Home in Belleville, Ontario.
- Nursing or related work including the administration of medications and supervision of staff. Must be able to work any shift.
- Must hold a current Registered Practical Nurse Certificate of Competency and be certified to give medications.
- Must have demonstrated ability:
- to effectively supervise other staff in a team environment;
- to provide, with minimal supervision the appropriate care to meet the needs of the elderly;
- to provide assistance to other staff and participate in resident care with a team approach;
- to effectively communicate with the elderly, fellow employees and the general public, and;
- to accurately follow written procedures and verbal instructions from supervisory staff, and to willingly carry out any and all assigned duties
- regularly and punctually attend work
Hours of Work:
$36.60/hour + 12.5% in lieu of benefits + 4% vacation per pay
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.