The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for temporary full-time Personal Support Worker in the Nursing Department at Hastings Manor Long Term Care Home in Belleville, Ontario.
- Must hold a valid Personal Support Worker Certificate or recognized equivalent in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Act or meet the grand-parenting provisions in the act.
- Must possess a Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- PSW Certificate plus 2 years current experience may be considered in lieu of Grade 12; or
- Successful completion of the Accelerated PSW program conducted between Loyalist College and Hastings County.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to:
- Provide with minimal supervision, the appropriate care to meet the needs of the elderly, fellow employees, and the general public
- Accurately follow written procedures and verbal instructions from supervisory staff, and to carry out any and all assigned duties
- Regularly and punctually attend work
Hours of Work:
Evening Shift (2:30 pm to 10:30 pm)
$30.43/hr + 12.5% in lieu of benefits + 4% vacation per pay
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.