The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Dietary Aide in the Dietary Department at Hastings Manor Long Term Care Facility in Belleville, Ontario.
- Set up of meals as per posted menu.
- Portioning appropriate food items as per standard portion sizes and posted menu.
- Follow and complete audit books.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work area.
- Operate kitchen equipment.
- Re-therming food items as per posted menu
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ministry approved Food Service Worker Certificate.
- Food Handler Certificate from the Public Health Unit
- Knowledge of Food Premises Regulations made under the Public Health Act.
- Must have demonstrated ability to:
- regularly and punctually attend work
- perform with minimal supervision the daily routines developed for the Dietary Department.
- effectively communicate with the elderly, fellow employees, and the general public.
- accurately follow written procedures and verbal instructions from Supervisory staff.
- complete tasks as a team player to ensure cooperation and excellence in residents satisfaction
Hours of Work:
All Shifts - Weekend Worker
$22.92– $23.17 per hour
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.