Hastings Centennial Manor Long Term Care home in Bancroft has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Clerk II – Receptionist/Ward Clerk to provide reception and clerical support in the administration office.
- Greet and direct inquiries from Residents, visitors, staff and general public appropriately.
- Monitor a multi-line telephone system and direct all incoming telephone calls appropriately.
- Provide administrative support to include data entry, typing letters and reports, updating spreadsheets, presentation publishing and resident admissions.
- Coordinate booking of meeting and conference rooms.
- Sort, pick up, deliver and distribute all facility mail.
- Ensure cable charges and resident charges coordinate with the invoicing.
- Receive and receipt payments from residents and families. Prepare documents and forms for bank deposit.
- Balance Resident trust cash box including the computer documentation for reimbursement daily.
- Balance and disperse cash from the Petty Cash fund.
- Maintain Resident files, keep information up to date, closing and discharging accounts.
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and County Policies at all times.
- Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills.
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Centennial Manor. This includes the mandatory reporting of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse or neglect of a resident.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Two year diploma in Office Administration or similar business related diploma.
- Experience in an office environment, preferably in a Long Term Care setting dealing with seniors.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office; experience with Point Click Care would be an asset.
- Well-developed customer service skills with strong interpersonal skills, patience and the ability to effectively communicate with residents, the public and staff.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work well both independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused on tasks with numerous interruptions.
Hours of Work:
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
$40,662 - $47,558 per annum
September 20, 2023