• Assisting in maintaining a caseload of subsidized child care files
• Meet with parents to complete an Income test and legislated forms to determine eligibility for subsidized Licensed child care under the Ministry of Education and Ontario Works
• Prepare written reports and correspondence as required for each case
• Comply with department policies and Ministry of Education legislation
• Maintain and update client files, recording all changes in circumstances and collecting up to date information
• Approval of invoices submitted for payment from child care agencies
• Working with three (3) different computer software programs
• Filling in during worker vacations
• Additional duties as required
• Enrolled as post-secondary student (College/University) and returning to full-time education at a post-secondary institution in September 2024.
• Working knowledge of computers (Internet and MS Programs)
• Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and Ontario Works program would be an asset
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of local social service agencies an asset
• Confidentiality Agreement must be signed
• Police background check
Work Location: Belleville
Position Length: May 21 – August 23, 2024
Closing date to Apply: February 29, 2024 by 4:00 pm
Please direct resumes to: email@example.com
PLEASE QUOTE ‘SUMMER STUDENT Posting #2024-SUM-CHS-59 IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
FINAL LOCATION BEING FILLED MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT POSTED.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”