• Assist Ontario Works Case Workers in ongoing case load management duties and coverage where assigned, including client contact and case file management
• Assisting Community and Human Services Managers in the research and development of local policy which supports program service delivery
• Prepare written reports and correspondence as required
• Research and develop additional client resources applicable to the Community and Human Services Department
• Assist in the development of Ontario Works client resumes and provide direct referrals to available employment opportunities
• Additional duties as assigned
• Enrolled as post-secondary student (College/University) and returning to full-time education at a post-secondary institution in September 2024.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish priorities
• Sound knowledge of computers (Internet and MS Programs)
• A working knowledge of the Ontario Works program is an asset
• Clear police background check
• Confidentiality Agreement must be signed
Work Location: Belleville, Trenton, Madoc and/or Bancroft
Assignments Include: Caseworker, Caseworker – Special Benefits Unit, Caseworker – Community Response Team
Position Length: May 21 – August 23, 2024
Closing date to Apply: February 29, 2024 by 4:00 pm
Please direct resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE QUOTE ‘SUMMER STUDENT Posting #2024-SUM-CHS-54-58 IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
FINAL LOCATION BEING FILLED MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT POSTED.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”