Early Childhood Educator
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for Casual Early Childhood Educators at various schools in Hastings County.
· Plan and implement daily children’s program to meet Ministry of Education’s requirements.
· Oversee and supervise children in activities that foster all areas of their development
· Liaise with school staff and officials, parents and licensing officials.
· Work co-operatively with all inspectors.
· Uphold and ensure all Ministry regulations as outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
· Maintain environment in cooperation with assigned classroom teacher
· Attend to outside and inside equipment.
· Grocery shop as required.
· Coordinate snack.
· Provide temporary coverage to other County run programs in all locations as required.
· Other duties as may be required.
· Graduate of Early Childhood Education.
· Be a member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators.
· Must have a desire to supervise, assist and have a genuine interest and caring approach with pre-school children.
· Must possess valid “G” drivers’ license and have access to transportation.
· Up to date – immunization, First Aid/CPR certification and clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check
· Other training as required by the College of ECE and the County of Hastings
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, All Shifts
RATE OF PAY: $26.54/hour + 4% vacation
Quote: 2024-NON-CHS-73-74 in the subject line
Closing Date: Posted until filled.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or eligible approved exemption by Hastings County.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $26.54 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person